Rice Flour (Certified Organic)
|Item Code||Brand||Pack Size||Specialty|
|4811||24 Mantra Organic||500gm (24 Mantra Organic)||Organic|
Organic Rice Flour
Non-glutinous rice flour is used as the basis of a variety of noodles, pastries and sweets. Low fat, Low salt, No cholesterol .Being low in fiber is extremely soothing to the digestive system.
Know This Product
- Rice flour has been used historically in baby foods and a few inter-generational favorites, such as Rice Krispies. This organic rice flour is milder, lighter and easier to digest than wheat flour and is a great substitute for people who are gluten intolerant. Rice flour is staple food in India, Japan, Southeast Asia and Thailand. Rice flour (also rice powder) is a form of flour made from finely milled rice.
- To make the flour, the husk of rice or paddy is removed and raw rice is obtained. The raw rice is then ground to flour. Rice flour is a particularly good substitute for wheat flour, which causes irritation in the digestive systems of those who are gluten-intolerant. Rice flour is also used as a thickening agent in recipes that are refrigerated or frozen since it inhibits liquid separation.
- This white rice flour will be used to make rice paper, rice noodles or as starch to thicken or to coat a preparation. Pure or mixed, it will be useful to cook pancakes, waffles, rice cakes, brownies, barley couscous or added to wheat flour to make bread. It is mainly used for making noodles, desserts and sweets. However, rice flour seems to be less intrusive to the taste, easier on the digestion, while maintaining compatibility with wheat flour recipes. Using rice flour as a coating batter has become the key to many chicken, fish and vegetable signature dishes.
Quality and Certifications
- Organic Certification: One Cert Asia Agri Certification (P) Ltd.
- As per NOP (USDA), NPOP (Govt. of India) and EU Standards for Organic Production.
|S. No.||Quality Parameters||Targeted Standard Values |
|1.||Defined and tested through physical verification|
|1.1||Color and Appearance of the product||Characteristic||Normal known and accepted color|
|1.2||Aroma of the product||Characteristic||Normal known and accepted aroma|
|1.3||Taste of the product||Characteristic||Normal known and accepted taste|
|1.4||Size determined through sieve analysis:+0.2 mm - 0.3 mm||70%||70% grains are within +0.2 mm - 0.3 mm size.|
|2.||Tested through chemical process verification|
|2.1||Moisture content in the product in percentage||10.0%||Maximum moisture level recommended for safe storage|
|2.2||Total Ash on dry basis as maximum in percentage||1.0%||Mineral content|
|2.3||Total acid insoluble ash in the product in percentage||0.5%||Presence of siliceous matter like sand ,dirt,dust|
|Nutrition Facts per 100 gram(s)*|
|Calories:- 353 kcal||Calories from Fat: 9.0 kcal|
|Total Fat||1.00 gram(s)|
|Total Carbohydrates||80.00 gram(s)|
|Dietary Fiber||2.00 gram(s)|
|*(approx value) |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
About 24 Mantra Organic:
Step back to 1992, a time when our founder, Raj Seelam was working in an agricultural products company. While observing the profuse use of pesticides and fertilizers, he felt that this was not the reality he would like to be part of. On one hand was the alarming use and spread of chemical usage on farms, while on the other was rural indebtedness because of the high investments farmers were making in fertilizers and pesticides, leading to farmer suicides. This triggered in him a new thought process.
Can I make a difference? Can I grow food which is free of chemicals and pesticides?
And so Raj Seelam, hailing from an agricultural and farming family set about asking the relevant questions related to soil, cultivation, farming practices, storage and processing. Alongside him were a group of inspired colleagues who lent the Sresta Foods journey passion and commitment. Together, they were inspired to name the products 24 Mantra. Delving into the ancient Upanishads of India and sourcing from the Rig Veda they drew upon the primary elements of nature. Tvam Bhumir Apo Analo Anilo Nabha- You alone are Earth, Water, Fire, Air and Ether is the blend of all basic elements that compose wholesome food. And what better way to wholesome food than organic food. Small yet sure steps led to the discovery of stark realities. The fledgling team were confronted with the economics of scale, several naysayers and a nascent market. The going thus had its share of challenges. Right from day one, the focus was to create a wide range of products, because the belief was, if consumers wanted to switch over to organic, the offering had to be total. Product range and product mix issues were followed by the attention on making the products consistently available and the well argued convincing of potential customers, that organic foods are higher priced because of various investments in organic methods. Workshops, early evangelism and contract farming gave way to a much more organized approach to farming with all the methods and processes in place. Availability and distribution issues were addressed and concurrently, all the touch points which continuously build trust and credibility were addressed. For some time now, we at Sresta have mastered the art of paying attention to detail - from the seed to kitchen.
Today, we have our 24 Mantra organic food brand available across India and abroad in 1500+ outlets and our own stores. Under our sustainable farming initiative, we have 20,000 farmers working in 30 plus projects over an area of 1,00,000 acres. For every 100 farmers we have a Sresta Associate, partnering in the farmers progress and knowledge enhancement. Sresta and the farmer, our story continues to evolve into the mutual strengthening of culture, traditional methods and more.
A decade later, our Founder Raj Seelam and Sresta Foods with 24 Mantra in their tow continue to grow, spreading the passion and joy of living an organic life. In India, and with measured steps into the world outside of it.
- Be the first to review this product