Punarnavadi Kashaya Tablet
|Item Code||Brand||Pack Size||Main Ingredient||Specialty|
|9289||Vaidyaratnam Oushadhasala||20 Tablets||Punarnava||No Color Coatings|
Punarnavadi Kashaya (20 Tablets) by Vaidyaratnam Oushadhasala
Punarnavadi Kashayam is polyherbal Ayurvedic formulation indicated in various conditions. This formula is also known as Punarnavadi Kwath/kvath. It has diuretic action and useful in inflammatory conditions, edema, swelling etc. In various diseases Punarnavadi Kashayam is given in combination of other medicines. In endometriosis, this medicine is given in combination of chandraprabha vatika to cure pain and inflammation in pelvic region.
Kashayam are concentrated decoction of medicinal herbs prepared in water. The usual dosage of Kashayam is about twelve ml of decoction in four times water. If the kwath is available in form of powder then decoction is prepared by boiling churna in recommended amount of water. Nowadays, kwath are also available in tablet form for easy administration. Such tablets are prepared by concentrating decoction till they can be given pill shape. Generally one tablet is equivalent to 5-6 ml of decoction and at a time 2-3 tablets are taken twice a day.
Ingredients of Punarnavadi Kashayam: Boerhaavia diffusa, Cedrus deodara, Curcuma longa, Picrorrhiza kurroa, Trichosanthes dioica, Terminalia chebula, Azadirachta indica, Cyperus rotundus, Zingiber officinale, Tinospora cordifolia
Uses of Punarnavadi Kashayam:
- Urogenital disorder
- Fluid retention, swelling, Ascites
- Renal diseases
- Fever, cough, Dyspnoea, Bronchial complaints
- General weakness, anaemia
Dosage of Punarnavadi Kashayam:
- 12 ml of decoction twice a day before meals or as directed by physician.
- Kashayam/ qwath tablet is made from 12gms of crude drug and is equivalent to 6ml of concentrated qwath/ kashayam.
Please Note * Product will be selected from any of the following
Brands / Companies depending upon availability:
1. Arya Vaidya Sala, Kottakal
2. Nagarjuna Herbal Concentrates
3. Arya Vaidya Pharmacy, Coimbatore
4. Vaidyaratnam Oushadhasala
5. Kerala Ayurveda
- Be the first to review this product