|Item Code||Brand||Pack Size|
A comprehensive therapy in vitiligoIndications:
- Acquired white patches.
- Apply twice a day on affected areas.
- Exposure to morning sunlight is desirable after application of ointment. The Pigmento therapy can be combined with phototherapy.
- Prefer non-spicy food
- Consumption of vegetables having bitter taste like bitter gourd and bitter variety of drum sticks is recommended.
- Exposure to sunlight is useful for 10 minutes in a day.
- Curd, sour fruits and food items containing combination of milk with jaggery and fruits should be avoided during and for three months after therapy.
- Avoid exposure to heat and sun.
- Avoid non-vegetarian food items.
- Avoid incompatible foods like milk and sour fruits.
- Stimulates melanogenesis.
- Promotes transfer of melanin to the skin.
- Helps in Conjunction with UV therapy.
- Bakuchi oil (Oil of Psoralea corylifolia): 10.0% w/w
- Jeeraka (Vernonia anthelmintica): 3.0% w/w
- Chakramarda beej (Cassia tora): 3.0% w/w
- Tulsi beej (Ocimum sanctum): 3.0% w/w
- Arishtat beej (Sapindus mukorossi): 3.0% w/w
- Bakuchi beej (Psoralea corylifolia): 11.25 mg
- Chitrak mool (Plumbago zeylanica): 1.5% w/w
- Khadira twak (Acacia catechu): 1.5% w/w
- Neem beej (Melia azadirachta): 1.5% w/w
- Erand beej (Ricinus communis): 1.5% w/w
- Gairik : 1.5% w/w
- Gandhak shuddha (Purified Sulphur): 1.5% w/w
- Washable ointment base : q.s.
Therapeutic Rationale: Pigmento is a comprehensive therapy in vitiligo. Immunological attack on the melanocytes and free radical damage are considered to be the cause of vitiligo. Psoralea corylifolia the main ingredient of PIGMENTO stimulates melanocytes to synthesize melanin, the pigmenting agent. Acorus calamus, Cassia tora and Melia azadirachta have antifungal properties. Tephrosia purpurea modulates both the cell-mediated and the humoral components of the immune system. Other ingredients also have immuno-modulating and antioxidant properties. Thus PIGMENTO effectively induces repigmentation in vitiligo.Important ingredients : Action
- Bakuchi beej : Stimulates melanocytes to synthesize melanin
- Vacha, Neem Patra, Chakramarda beej : Stimulants, keep skin healthy
- Sharapunkha : Immunomodulator
Visionary brothers Mr D.N. Shroff and Dr. S.N. Shroff, in the year 1947, were amongst the pioneers of manufacturing Ayurvedic medicines in India. They drew inspiration from one of the most authoritative sources on the subject "The Charak Samhita" compiled by the sage Charaka Circa 1000 BC. Thus was born Charak Pharma Pvt. Ltd, today one of the largest producers of high quality Ayurvedic products in India. *** Please note that this product is packaged in a Plastic Bottle***
- Be the first to review this product