ORGANIC Urad Whole
|Item Code||Brand||Pack Size||Specialty|
|4838||24 Mantra Organic||500gm (24 Mantra Organic)||Organic|
Organic Urad Whole
For mouth-watering Dosas, Vadas and more. Delectable and highly nutritious, commonly used in culinary preparation like dosa,idli,vada and papad. The original deshi variety cultivated in regions famous for its taste.
Know This Product
- Urad beans or Black gram is a small black skinned bean that is pale yellow on the inside and has a slightly glutinous texture. It is one of the most highly prized pulses of India. It is extensively used in various culinary preparations like curries and papad. They are highly nutritious. This leguminous pulse has inevitably made itself as the most popular pulse and can be most appropriately referred to as the "King of Pulses". Morarka has large number of farmers in Maharashtra cultivating this crop and about 300 MT is handled annually in the form of Whole, Split chilka, and Mogar/Dal.
- Our product is free from stones, broken seeds, straw bits, leaf bits and has low seeds moisture for longer storage life. It is rich proteins, starch, carbohydrates and essential vitamins, potassium, calcium making it a perfect combination of all the nutrients. One of the main characteristics of the seed quality is the uniform size and plump seeds. Urad beans is also known to be soothing and cooling agent, the color ranging from dark black to dull grey. It has an unusual mucilaginous texture. It derives its strong, rich, earthy flavor from the black skin and has an uncanny ability to absorb flavor.
- Cooking instructions: - The dal needs to be soaked at least for half an hour. 2 ¼ cups of soaking water for every cup of beans. Whole soaked beans will cook in about 45 minutes. Soaked dal should be cooked for around half an hour.
Ingredient: Urad Whole.
Quality and Certifications
- Organic Certification: One Cert Asia Agri Certification (P) Ltd.
- As per NOP (USDA), NPOP (Govt. of India) and EU Standards for Organic Production.
|S. No.||Quality Parameters||Targeted Standard Values|
|1.||Defined and tested through physical verification|
|1.1||Color of the product||Characteristic||Normal known and accepted color|
|1.2||Organic extraneous matter as determined in percentage||0.1-0.5%||Content of other plant materials other than the product|
|1.3||Size determined through Sieve Analysis + 2.5 mm||>98%||More than 98% grains are of +2.5 mm size|
|1.4||Inorganic extraneous matter as maximum in percentage||NIL-0.5%||Content of impurities for soil and environment|
|1.5||Shrunken and immature grains in percentage||2-5%||Some product not fully grown grains|
|1.6||Physical damaged and discolored in percentage||2-5%||Insect damaged and broken kernals (vulnerable to mould development and insect invasion)|
|1.7||Other crop seed in percentage||NIL-0.5%||Other edible food crop seeds from the same farm|
|1.8||Insect damaged and infested product in percentage||0.5-1.0%||Kernels that are partially or wholly bored by insects|
|2||Tested through chemical process verification|
|2.1||Moisture content in the product in percentage||10.0-12.0 %||Maximum moisture level recommended for safe storage|
|Nutrition Facts per 100 gram(s)*|
|Calories:- 347 kcal||Calories from Fat: 12.6 kcal|
|Total Fat||1.40 gram(s)|
|Total Carbohydrates||59.60 gram(s)|
|Dietary Fiber||0.90 gram(s)|
|*(approx value) |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
About 24 Mantra Organic:
Step back to 1992, a time when our founder, Raj Seelam was working in an agricultural products company. While observing the profuse use of pesticides and fertilizers, he felt that this was not the reality he would like to be part of. On one hand was the alarming use and spread of chemical usage on farms, while on the other was rural indebtedness because of the high investments farmers were making in fertilizers and pesticides, leading to farmer suicides. This triggered in him a new thought process.
Can I make a difference? Can I grow food which is free of chemicals and pesticides?
And so Raj Seelam, hailing from an agricultural and farming family set about asking the relevant questions related to soil, cultivation, farming practices, storage and processing. Alongside him were a group of inspired colleagues who lent the Sresta Foods journey passion and commitment. Together, they were inspired to name the products 24 Mantra. Delving into the ancient Upanishads of India and sourcing from the Rig Veda they drew upon the primary elements of nature. Tvam Bhumir Apo Analo Anilo Nabha- You alone are Earth, Water, Fire, Air and Ether is the blend of all basic elements that compose wholesome food. And what better way to wholesome food than organic food. Small yet sure steps led to the discovery of stark realities. The fledgling team were confronted with the economics of scale, several naysayers and a nascent market. The going thus had its share of challenges. Right from day one, the focus was to create a wide range of products, because the belief was, if consumers wanted to switch over to organic, the offering had to be total. Product range and product mix issues were followed by the attention on making the products consistently available and the well argued convincing of potential customers, that organic foods are higher priced because of various investments in organic methods. Workshops, early evangelism and contract farming gave way to a much more organized approach to farming with all the methods and processes in place. Availability and distribution issues were addressed and concurrently, all the touch points which continuously build trust and credibility were addressed. For some time now, we at Sresta have mastered the art of paying attention to detail - from the seed to kitchen.
Today, we have our 24 Mantra organic food brand available across India and abroad in 1500+ outlets and our own stores. Under our sustainable farming initiative, we have 20,000 farmers working in 30 plus projects over an area of 1,00,000 acres. For every 100 farmers we have a Sresta Associate, partnering in the farmers progress and knowledge enhancement. Sresta and the farmer, our story continues to evolve into the mutual strengthening of culture, traditional methods and more.
A decade later, our Founder Raj Seelam and Sresta Foods with 24 Mantra in their tow continue to grow, spreading the passion and joy of living an organic life. In India, and with measured steps into the world outside of it.
- Be the first to review this product