ORGANIC Sweet Basil
|Item Code||Brand||Pack Size||Main Ingredient||Specialty|
|4934||Sanjeevani Organics||30gm (Sanjeevani Organics)||Basil (Tulsi)||Organic|
Organic Sweet Basil
This fragrant herb contains an array of flavonoid which help protects cells from damage.
Know This Product
- Basil is a popular herb, originally from India and is best known as culinary herb prominently featured in Italian cuisine. It may taste somewhat like aniseed with strong, pungent often sweet, fragrant smell. The leaves are highly fragrant, used as seasoning herb for variety of food. Basil has become one of the most recognizable herbs. The flavor is warm, sweet and somewhat pungent and peculiar.
- Basil is used in soups, meat pieces, fish, certain cheeses, tomato cocktail, eggplant, zucchini, cooked cucumber dishes, cooked peas. Dried basil is sprinkled over lamb chops before cooking. Basil is often used with or as a substitute for oregano in Pizza topping, spaghetti sauce of Macaroni and cheese casserole. Dried Basil is more concentrated in flavor. Oil in Basil is highly volatile, it is best to add the herb near the end of cooking process so it will retain its maximum essence and flavor.
- Dried basil is good for respiratory system and can be consumed in preparation of herbal tips. It can also be used to treat throat and nose infections. Basil is said to help recover from problems like dysentery, nausea and stomach ache. It stimulates appetite and helps cure flatulence. It is traditionally used for treatment of stress, asthma and diabetes.
Quality and Certifications
- Organic Certification: One Cert Asia Agri Certification (P) Ltd.
- As per NOP (USDA), NPOP (Govt. of India) and EU Standards for Organic Production.
|S. No.||Quality Parameters||Targeted Standard Values|
|1.||Defined and tested through sensory verification|
|1.1||Color of the product||Characteristic||Normal known and accepted color|
|1.2||Aroma of the product||Characteristic||Normal known and accepted aroma|
|1.3||Taste of the product||Characteristic||Normal known and accepted taste|
|2||Tested through chemical process verification|
|2.1||Moisture content in the product as maximum in percentage||8.0%||Maximum moisture level recommended for safe storage|
|2.2||Total ash on dry basis as maximum in percentage||5.0%||Presence of mineral matter|
|2.3||Total acid insoluble ash as maximum in percentage||0.5%||Presence of silicious matter|
|Nutrition Facts per 100 gram(s)*|
|Calories:251 kcal||Calories from Fat: 33|
|Total Fat||4.00 gram(s)|
|Total Carbohydrates||61.00 gram(s)|
|Dietary Fiber||40.00 gram(s)|
|*(approx value) |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
About Sanjeevani Organics:
Sanjeevani Organics is an Uttarakhand based organization dealing with Organic Food Products and producing organic products like as basmati rice for last 8 years in India. We are one of the largest producer and supplier of organic foods products in India and abroad. The brand is an outcome of more than 8 years of organic food research and development.
Spread of Organic Agriculture
- Total Own Project area under Organic Production - 1200 Hectare
- Number of Farmers associated directly with us - 624 Farmers
- Number of Farmer Groups associated with us - 24 Groups
- Number of Farmers associated Indirectly with us - 2354 Farmers (3489 Hectares)
- Number of Farmer Groups associated Indirectly with us - 41 Gropus
- Organic Project Areas spread including our own and associates:
- Uttarakhand - Dehradun, Haridwar, Rudrapur, Bazpur, Chakrata, Kalsi etc
- Rajasthan - Sirohi/ Pali/ Jodhpur/ Asnawar/ Jhalawar/ Kota/ Bharatpur/ Sikar/ Jaisalmer
- Madhya Pradesh - Baramati / Indore
- Maharashtra - Dhule/ Amravati/ Akola/ Sangli/ Hingoli/ Jalgaon/ Raver/ Mandsor
- Karnatka - Siddapur, Hubli, Sirsi
At Sanjeevani, we are committed to support Organic cultivation to protect farmers, planet and you. Beyond delivering the highest quality of Product, our organic products are cultivated without the use of chemical fertilizers, herbicides or pesticides. We employ traditional farming methods that sustain the nutritive value of food without subjecting the crop to chemical warfare. Sanjeevani Organics seeks to introduce harmony in the way we eat, live and interact with our environment. Company has a professional team for ICS (Internal Control System) and has extensive field experience in organic cultivation.
- Be the first to review this product