ORGANIC Rice Sona Masoori
|Item Code||Brand||Pack Size||Specialty|
|4812||24 Mantra Organic||1 Kg (24 Mantra Organic)||Organic|
Organic Rice Sona Masoori
Sona Masoori It is called "Golden IVY". It is light weight, aromatic, shorter and fatter than other Indian Rices.
Know This Product
- Sona Masuri (also, Sona Masoori, Samba Masuri, BPT 5204, HMT, or Jeela karra masuri) is a medium-grain rice grown largely in the South and North east India. In Telugu, Sona Masuri rice is called Bangaru Theegalu (meaning Golden Ivy). It is light weight and aromatic. In Andhra Pradesh, it is mainly cultivated in Guntur, Kurnool, Mahaboobnagar, Nizamabad, Nellore, Warangal and West Godavari Districts. In Karnataka, it is mainly cultivated in Raichur, Koppal and Bellary districts. Rice Sona Masuri is also known as Samba Masuri. It is grown in Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka.
- Our organic Sona masuri rice is medium grain premium quality rice, light weight and aromatic. It contains less starch so easy to digest. After brown rice Sona masuri is best quality rice due to less starch and easily digestibility. It is used for sweet dishes and daily rice cooking. Soaking time is 20-30min and one and half cup water for one cup rice is required during cooking.
Ingredient: Sona Masuri Rice.
Quality and Certifications
- Organic Certification: One Cert Asia Agri Certification (P) Ltd.
- As per NOP (USDA), NPOP (Govt. of India) and EU Standards for Organic Production.
|S. No.||Quality Parameters||Targeted Standard Values|
|1.||Defined and tested through physical verification|
|1.1||Appearance of the product||Whitish long grain||Normal known and accepted appearance|
|1.2||Size determined through Sieve Analysis+1.5 mm-2.0 mm||>95%||More than 98% grains are within +1.5 mm-2.0 mm size|
|1.3||Organic extraneous matter as determined in percentage||0.1-1.0%||Content of other plant materials other than the product|
|1.4||Inorganic extraneous matter as maximum in percentage||NIL- 0.1%||Content of impurities for soil and environment|
|1.5||Shrunken and immature grains in percentage||1.5-2.0%||Some product not fully grown grains|
|1.6||Other crop seed in percentage||NIL- 0.1%||Other edible food crop seeds from the same farm|
|1.7||Insect damaged and infested product in percentage||1.0-1.5%||Kernels that are partially or wholly bored by insects|
|1.8||Physical damaged and discolored in percentage||1.5- 2.0%||Insect damaged and broken kernals (vulnerable to mould development and insect invasion)|
|2||Tested through chemical process verification|
|2.1||Moisture content in the product in percentage||10.0-12.0%||Maximum moisture level recommended for safe storage|
|Nutrition Facts per 100 gram(s)*|
|Calories:- 346 kcal||Calories from Fat: 9.0 kcal|
|Total Fat||1.00 gram(s)|
|Total Carbohydrates||76.70 gram(s)|
|Dietary Fiber||0.60 gram(s)|
|*(approx value) |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
About 24 Mantra Organic:
Step back to 1992, a time when our founder, Raj Seelam was working in an agricultural products company. While observing the profuse use of pesticides and fertilizers, he felt that this was not the reality he would like to be part of. On one hand was the alarming use and spread of chemical usage on farms, while on the other was rural indebtedness because of the high investments farmers were making in fertilizers and pesticides, leading to farmer suicides. This triggered in him a new thought process.
Can I make a difference? Can I grow food which is free of chemicals and pesticides?
And so Raj Seelam, hailing from an agricultural and farming family set about asking the relevant questions related to soil, cultivation, farming practices, storage and processing. Alongside him were a group of inspired colleagues who lent the Sresta Foods journey passion and commitment. Together, they were inspired to name the products 24 Mantra. Delving into the ancient Upanishads of India and sourcing from the Rig Veda they drew upon the primary elements of nature. Tvam Bhumir Apo Analo Anilo Nabha- You alone are Earth, Water, Fire, Air and Ether is the blend of all basic elements that compose wholesome food. And what better way to wholesome food than organic food. Small yet sure steps led to the discovery of stark realities. The fledgling team were confronted with the economics of scale, several naysayers and a nascent market. The going thus had its share of challenges. Right from day one, the focus was to create a wide range of products, because the belief was, if consumers wanted to switch over to organic, the offering had to be total. Product range and product mix issues were followed by the attention on making the products consistently available and the well argued convincing of potential customers, that organic foods are higher priced because of various investments in organic methods. Workshops, early evangelism and contract farming gave way to a much more organized approach to farming with all the methods and processes in place. Availability and distribution issues were addressed and concurrently, all the touch points which continuously build trust and credibility were addressed. For some time now, we at Sresta have mastered the art of paying attention to detail - from the seed to kitchen.
Today, we have our 24 Mantra organic food brand available across India and abroad in 1500+ outlets and our own stores. Under our sustainable farming initiative, we have 20,000 farmers working in 30 plus projects over an area of 1,00,000 acres. For every 100 farmers we have a Sresta Associate, partnering in the farmers progress and knowledge enhancement. Sresta and the farmer, our story continues to evolve into the mutual strengthening of culture, traditional methods and more.
A decade later, our Founder Raj Seelam and Sresta Foods with 24 Mantra in their tow continue to grow, spreading the passion and joy of living an organic life. In India, and with measured steps into the world outside of it.
- Be the first to review this product