Organic Ragi Flour
|Item Code||Brand||Pack Size||Specialty|
|4807||24 Mantra Organic||500 gm (24 Mantra Organic)||Organic|
Organic Ragi Flour
Ragi Atta Low calories flour which contain amino and methionine and good source of Calcium, Iron.
Know This Product
- The whole grain of ragi may be ground into flour or decorticated before grinding to produce either a fine particle product or flour, which is then used in various traditional foods. The flour may be ground coarsely or finely, depending on individual preference and recipe requirement. To ensure that organic consumer get the best value for money, Morarka has joined hands with farmer groups in Karnataka for organic production.
- The ragi flour is usually made into chapattis or rotis and served with vegetables. Ragi is favored by the gluten intolerant and is often cooked as porridge to be eaten alongside other foods. Ragi flour is made into flatbreads, including thick, leavened dosa and thinner, unleavened pancakes. In Karnataka, ragi flour is generally consumed in the form of ragi balls. In Maharashtra, bhakri, a type of flat bread is prepared using finger millet flour. Ragi flour is commonly eaten with the hull, which retains the majority of the nutrients. It is rich in calcium and antioxidants and all the varieties are gluten-free, an attractive alternative for wheat allergy sufferers.
Ingredient: Ragi Whole.
Quality and Certifications
- Organic Certification: One Cert Asia Agri Certification (P) Ltd.
- As per NOP (USDA), NPOP (Govt. of India) and EU Standards for Organic Production.
|S. No.||Quality Parameters||Targeted Standard Values |
|1.||Defined and tested through physical verification|
|1.1||Color and Appearance of the product||Characteristic||Normal known and accepted color|
|1.2||Texture of the product||Powder||Normal known and accepted texture|
|1.3||Size determined through sieve analysis - 0.2 mm||85%||More than 85% grains are of - 0.2 mm size|
|2||Tested through chemical process verification|
|2.1||Moisture content in the product in percentage||10.0%||Maximum moisture level recommended for safe storage|
|2.2||Total ash as maximum in percentage||2.0%||Mineral content|
|2.3||Total Acid insoluble ash as maximum in percentage||0.2%||Presence of siliceous matter like sand, dirt, dust|
|Nutrition Facts per 100 gram(s)*|
|Calories:- 325 kcal||Calories from Fat: 14.4 kcal|
|Total Fat||1.60 gram(s)|
|Total Carbohydrates||69.00 gram(s)|
|Dietary Fiber||1.60 gram(s)|
|*(approx value) |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
About 24 Mantra Organic:
Step back to 1992, a time when our founder, Raj Seelam was working in an agricultural products company. While observing the profuse use of pesticides and fertilizers, he felt that this was not the reality he would like to be part of. On one hand was the alarming use and spread of chemical usage on farms, while on the other was rural indebtedness because of the high investments farmers were making in fertilizers and pesticides, leading to farmer suicides. This triggered in him a new thought process.
Can I make a difference? Can I grow food which is free of chemicals and pesticides?
And so Raj Seelam, hailing from an agricultural and farming family set about asking the relevant questions related to soil, cultivation, farming practices, storage and processing. Alongside him were a group of inspired colleagues who lent the Sresta Foods journey passion and commitment. Together, they were inspired to name the products 24 Mantra. Delving into the ancient Upanishads of India and sourcing from the Rig Veda they drew upon the primary elements of nature. Tvam Bhumir Apo Analo Anilo Nabha- You alone are Earth, Water, Fire, Air and Ether is the blend of all basic elements that compose wholesome food. And what better way to wholesome food than organic food. Small yet sure steps led to the discovery of stark realities. The fledgling team were confronted with the economics of scale, several naysayers and a nascent market. The going thus had its share of challenges. Right from day one, the focus was to create a wide range of products, because the belief was, if consumers wanted to switch over to organic, the offering had to be total. Product range and product mix issues were followed by the attention on making the products consistently available and the well argued convincing of potential customers, that organic foods are higher priced because of various investments in organic methods. Workshops, early evangelism and contract farming gave way to a much more organized approach to farming with all the methods and processes in place. Availability and distribution issues were addressed and concurrently, all the touch points which continuously build trust and credibility were addressed. For some time now, we at Sresta have mastered the art of paying attention to detail - from the seed to kitchen.
Today, we have our 24 Mantra organic food brand available across India and abroad in 1500+ outlets and our own stores. Under our sustainable farming initiative, we have 20,000 farmers working in 30 plus projects over an area of 1,00,000 acres. For every 100 farmers we have a Sresta Associate, partnering in the farmers progress and knowledge enhancement. Sresta and the farmer, our story continues to evolve into the mutual strengthening of culture, traditional methods and more.
A decade later, our Founder Raj Seelam and Sresta Foods with 24 Mantra in their tow continue to grow, spreading the passion and joy of living an organic life. In India, and with measured steps into the world outside of it.
- Be the first to review this product