ORGANIC Moong Whole
|Item Code||Brand||Pack Size||Specialty|
|4829||24 Mantra Organic||1kg (24 Mantra Organic)||Organic|
Organic Moong Whole
The traditional, healthy, protein rich dal. Fresh and crispy with high nutrient value and is easily digestible. The small deshi variety for excellent taste in any dish made from it.
Know This Product
- Moong beans are also known as green beans, mungo, moong or moong dal. Green gram is the seed of Vigna radiate. Moong beans are part of the legumes family. Mostly cultivated on all farms in western and central India as a rain/kharif crop, harvested in October- November, they are generally eaten either whole (with or without skin) or as bean sprouted or used to make dessert green bean soup.
- Our Moong variety is of finest quality which is tiny, tender; oval shaped slightly sweet beans with a bright green skin and is soft and easily digested when cooked. When sprouted, the moong beans is good source of vitamin C with their rich and creamy texture they are also great in salads. Our organic moong dal is nutritious with zero cholesterol, negligible fat, high in protein and dietary fiber and is a good source of calcium and iron.
- These beans are quick and easy to make. They are used whole or more commonly split and hulled. Mung beans are one of the most cherished foods. When cooked with spices they are very nourishing while being relatively easy to digest, they do not generally create abdominal gas or bloating.
- Cooking instructions: - Cover the moong beans with about three times their volume of cold water and leave to soak overnight. Drain and rinse the beans. Add them to a pan of boiling water. Soak overnight bring to the boil in fresh water and cook for approximately 1 hour. Boil rapidly for 30 minutes, then turn down the heat and let them on simmer for the next 10 minutes or until completely cooked. When ready drain the beans and rinse in a sieve under running water.
Ingredient: Moong Whole.
Quality and Certifications
- Organic Certification: One Cert Asia Agri Certification (P) Ltd.
- As per NOP (USDA), NPOP (Govt. of India) and EU Standards for Organic Production.
|S. No.||Quality Parameters||Targeted Standard Values|
|1.||Defined and tested through physical verification|
|1.1||Color of the product||Characteristic||Normal known and accepted color|
|1.2||Size determined through Sieve Analysis : +2.0 mm||>95%||More than 95% grains are of +2.0mm size.|
|1.3||Organic extraneous matter as determined in percentage||0.1-0.5%||Content of other plant materials other than the product|
|1.4||Inorganic extraneous matter as maximum in percentage||NIL-0.5%||Content of impurities for soil and environment|
|1.5||Shrunken and immature grains in percentage||2.0-5.0%||Some product not fully grown grains|
|1.6||Other crop seed in percentage||NIL-0.5%||Other edible food crop seeds from the same farm|
|1.7||Insect damaged and infested product in percentage||0.5-1.0%||Kernels that are partially or wholly bored by insects|
|1.8||Physical damaged and discolored in percentage||2.0-5.0%||Insect damaged and broken kernals (vulnerable to mould development and insect invasion)|
|1.9||Sprouting as minimum in percentage||95.0-98.0%||Percentage of germination|
|2||Tested through chemical process verification|
|2.1||Moisture content in the product in percentage||10.0-12.0%||Maximum moisture level recommended for safe storage|
|Nutrition Facts per 100 gram(s)*|
|Calories:- 334 kcal||Calories from Fat: 11.7 kcal|
|Total Fat||1.30 gram(s)|
|Total Carbohydrates||56.70 gram(s)|
|Dietary Fiber||4.10 gram(s)|
|*(approx value) |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
About 24 Mantra Organic:
Step back to 1992, a time when our founder, Raj Seelam was working in an agricultural products company. While observing the profuse use of pesticides and fertilizers, he felt that this was not the reality he would like to be part of. On one hand was the alarming use and spread of chemical usage on farms, while on the other was rural indebtedness because of the high investments farmers were making in fertilizers and pesticides, leading to farmer suicides. This triggered in him a new thought process.
Can I make a difference? Can I grow food which is free of chemicals and pesticides?
And so Raj Seelam, hailing from an agricultural and farming family set about asking the relevant questions related to soil, cultivation, farming practices, storage and processing. Alongside him were a group of inspired colleagues who lent the Sresta Foods journey passion and commitment. Together, they were inspired to name the products 24 Mantra. Delving into the ancient Upanishads of India and sourcing from the Rig Veda they drew upon the primary elements of nature. Tvam Bhumir Apo Analo Anilo Nabha- You alone are Earth, Water, Fire, Air and Ether is the blend of all basic elements that compose wholesome food. And what better way to wholesome food than organic food. Small yet sure steps led to the discovery of stark realities. The fledgling team were confronted with the economics of scale, several naysayers and a nascent market. The going thus had its share of challenges. Right from day one, the focus was to create a wide range of products, because the belief was, if consumers wanted to switch over to organic, the offering had to be total. Product range and product mix issues were followed by the attention on making the products consistently available and the well argued convincing of potential customers, that organic foods are higher priced because of various investments in organic methods. Workshops, early evangelism and contract farming gave way to a much more organized approach to farming with all the methods and processes in place. Availability and distribution issues were addressed and concurrently, all the touch points which continuously build trust and credibility were addressed. For some time now, we at Sresta have mastered the art of paying attention to detail - from the seed to kitchen.
Today, we have our 24 Mantra organic food brand available across India and abroad in 1500+ outlets and our own stores. Under our sustainable farming initiative, we have 20,000 farmers working in 30 plus projects over an area of 1,00,000 acres. For every 100 farmers we have a Sresta Associate, partnering in the farmers progress and knowledge enhancement. Sresta and the farmer, our story continues to evolve into the mutual strengthening of culture, traditional methods and more.
A decade later, our Founder Raj Seelam and Sresta Foods with 24 Mantra in their tow continue to grow, spreading the passion and joy of living an organic life. In India, and with measured steps into the world outside of it.
- Be the first to review this product