ORGANIC Cumin Whole
|Item Code||Brand||Pack Size||Specialty|
|4859||24 Mantra Organic||100 gm (24 Mantra Organic)||Organic|
Organic Cumin Whole
Digestive, aromatic and rich in flavor. One of the oldest known spices used for its earthy and warm fragrance also has excellent digestive properties. Warm Aromatic Flavor, Helps Digestion and Stimulates the appetite.
Know This Product
- According to the Bible, cumin had such powerful medicinal value that it could be used as an antiseptic but has been more recently recognized as an excellent digestive and stomach disorder settler. A very important spice, both nationally as well as for Morarka. It has been very difficult to convert the cultivation of this spice to organic. In Rajasthan, south west districts have been very famous for the good quality of cumin produced there and generally harvested in April -May.
- Cumin has long been known for its digestive properties. It relieves flatulence, bloating gas and other related stomach ailments. Cumin seeds have long been considered stimulant carminative, stomachic, astringent, diuretic. Paste made from cumin seeds and peppermint oil helps to relieve abdominal pain and liver disorder. Cumin is very good source of iron. Morarka has also been supported by many Government programs to become the single largest producer of organic cumin in the country. Cumin quality in the trade circle is evaluated on the basis of uniformly bold size of the grain, color, aroma and taste.
- Our variety of organic Cumin whole is of premium quality and has an aromatic odor, is spicy and somewhat bitter in taste. Because of powerful, strong, peculiar, nutty odor and flavor of cumin, it is used to flavor bread, cakes, pastries and to season soups, stews. In addition to volatile oil, the seed also contains non volatile oil with strong aromatic flavor.
Quality and Certifications
- Organic Certification: OneCert Asia Agri Certification (P) Ltd.
- As per NOP (USDA), NPOP (Govt. of India) and EU Standards for Organic Production.
|S. No.||Quality Parameters||Targeted Standard Values|
|1.||Defined and tested through physical/ sensory verification|
|1.1||Color of the product||Light Brown||Normal known and accepted color|
|1.2||Size determined through Sieve Analysis : -1.5 mm||85%||85% grains are within -1.5 mm size.|
|1.3||Organic extraneous matter as determined in percentage||0.1-0.5%||Presence of other plant materials other than the product like husk, chaff, straw, weed|
|1.4||Inorganic extraneous matter as maximum in percentage||NIL-0.1%||Presence of sand, gravel, dirt, pebbles, stone|
|1.5||Shrunken and immature grains in percentage||1.0-1.5%||That are not properly developed|
|1.6||Other crop seed in percentage||NIL-0.1%||Other edible food crop seeds from the same farm|
|1.7||Insect damaged and infested product in percentage||0.1-0.5%||Grains damaged by insects during cultivation and harvesting|
|1.8||Physical damaged and discolored in percentage||1.0-1.5%||Some product either damaged or change in color as result of deteriorative changes|
|1.9||Seeds connected with Stalks||2.5-3.0%||Presence of extraneous vegetable matter|
|2||Tested through chemical process verification|
|2.1||Moisture content in the product in percentage||10.0||Maximum moisture level recommended for safe storage|
|2.2||Total ash as maximum in percentage||8.0%||Mineral content|
|2.3||Total acid insoluble ash as maximum in percentage||1.5%||Presence of siliceous matter like sand, dirt, dus|
About 24 Mantra Organic:
Step back to 1992, a time when our founder, Raj Seelam was working in an agricultural products company. While observing the profuse use of pesticides and fertilizers, he felt that this was not the reality he would like to be part of. On one hand was the alarming use and spread of chemical usage on farms, while on the other was rural indebtedness because of the high investments farmers were making in fertilizers and pesticides, leading to farmer suicides. This triggered in him a new thought process.
Can I make a difference? Can I grow food which is free of chemicals and pesticides?
And so Raj Seelam, hailing from an agricultural and farming family set about asking the relevant questions related to soil, cultivation, farming practices, storage and processing. Alongside him were a group of inspired colleagues who lent the Sresta Foods journey passion and commitment. Together, they were inspired to name the products 24 Mantra. Delving into the ancient Upanishads of India and sourcing from the Rig Veda they drew upon the primary elements of nature. Tvam Bhumir Apo Analo Anilo Nabha- You alone are Earth, Water, Fire, Air and Ether is the blend of all basic elements that compose wholesome food. And what better way to wholesome food than organic food. Small yet sure steps led to the discovery of stark realities. The fledgling team were confronted with the economics of scale, several naysayers and a nascent market. The going thus had its share of challenges. Right from day one, the focus was to create a wide range of products, because the belief was, if consumers wanted to switch over to organic, the offering had to be total. Product range and product mix issues were followed by the attention on making the products consistently available and the well argued convincing of potential customers, that organic foods are higher priced because of various investments in organic methods. Workshops, early evangelism and contract farming gave way to a much more organized approach to farming with all the methods and processes in place. Availability and distribution issues were addressed and concurrently, all the touch points which continuously build trust and credibility were addressed. For some time now, we at Sresta have mastered the art of paying attention to detail - from the seed to kitchen.
Today, we have our 24 Mantra organic food brand available across India and abroad in 1500+ outlets and our own stores. Under our sustainable farming initiative, we have 20,000 farmers working in 30 plus projects over an area of 1,00,000 acres. For every 100 farmers we have a Sresta Associate, partnering in the farmers progress and knowledge enhancement. Sresta and the farmer, our story continues to evolve into the mutual strengthening of culture, traditional methods and more.
A decade later, our Founder Raj Seelam and Sresta Foods with 24 Mantra in their tow continue to grow, spreading the passion and joy of living an organic life. In India, and with measured steps into the world outside of it.
- Be the first to review this product