ORGANIC Cinnamon Stick - Dalchini
|Item Code||Brand||Pack Size||Main Ingredient||Specialty|
|4909||24 Mantra Organic||100gm (24 Mantra Organic)||Cinnamon||Organic|
Organic Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
Cinnamon Stick is used in desserts, is digestive and boosts memory. Aromatic and is principally employed in cookery as a condiment and flavoring ingredient. Regulates blood sugar levels; stimulates appetite.
Know This Product
- The bark of the Cassia tree is used mostly in India. The real cinnamon stick that is found in the form of a scroll, are available in most supermarkets and have a more delicate flavor than the Cassia bark. Cinnamon sticks lend a sweet and mellow flavor to a dish. Although it is generally used in many desserts in many of the World cuisines, it is mostly used in many curries and Pulaos in Indian cooking. It gives a dish a very rich flavor.
- Cinnamon bark is widely used as a spice. It is principally employed in cookery as a condiment and flavoring material. It is used in the preparation of chocolate, especially in Mexico, which is the main importer of true cinnamon. It is also used in many desserts recipes, such as apple pie, donuts, and cinnamon buns as well as spicy candies, tea, hot cocoa, and liqueurs. True cinnamon, rather than cassia, is more suitable for use in sweet dishes. In the Middle East, it is often used in savory dishes of chicken and lamb. In the United States, cinnamon and sugar are often used to flavor cereals, bread-based dishes, and fruits, especially apples; a cinnamon-sugar mixture is even sold separately for such purposes. Cinnamon can also be used in pickling. Cinnamon bark is one of the few spices that can be consumed directly.
Ingredient: Cinemon Stick.
Quality and Certifications
- Organic Certification: OneCert Asia Agri Certification (P) Ltd.
- As per NOP (USDA), NPOP (Govt. of India) and EU Standards for Organic Production.
|S. No.||Quality Parameters||Targeted Standard Values|
|1.||Defined and tested through sensory/ physical verification|
|1.1||Color of the product||Characteristic||Normal known and accepted color|
|1.2||Flavour of the product||Characteristic||Normal known and accepted flavour|
|1.3||Size determined in cm||L=8-10, B=2-5||Normal known and accepted size|
|1.4||Organic extraneous matter as determined in percentage||0.1-0.5%||Presence of other plant materials other than the product like husk, chaff, straw, weed|
|1.5||Inorganic extraneous matter as maximum in percentage||NIL-0.1%||Presence of sand, gravel, dirt, pebbles, stone|
|1.6||Insect damaged and infested product in percentage||0.5-1.0%||Grains damaged by insects during cultivation and harvesting|
|2||Tested through chemical process verification|
|2.1||Moisture content in the product in percentage||10.0-12.0%||Maximum moisture level recommended for safe storage|
|2.2||Total ash on dry basis as maximum in percentage||6.0%||Presence of mineral matter|
|2.3||Total acid insoluble ash as maximum in percentage||1.5%||Presence of silicious matter|
|Nutrition Facts per 100 gram(s)*|
|Calories:349 kcal||Calories from Fat: 9|
|Total Fat||1.00 gram(s)|
|Total Carbohydrates||81.00 gram(s)|
|Dietary Fiber||53.00 gram(s)|
|*(approx value) |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
About 24 Mantra Organic:
Step back to 1992, a time when our founder, Raj Seelam was working in an agricultural products company. While observing the profuse use of pesticides and fertilizers, he felt that this was not the reality he would like to be part of. On one hand was the alarming use and spread of chemical usage on farms, while on the other was rural indebtedness because of the high investments farmers were making in fertilizers and pesticides, leading to farmer suicides. This triggered in him a new thought process.
Can I make a difference? Can I grow food which is free of chemicals and pesticides?
And so Raj Seelam, hailing from an agricultural and farming family set about asking the relevant questions related to soil, cultivation, farming practices, storage and processing. Alongside him were a group of inspired colleagues who lent the Sresta Foods journey passion and commitment. Together, they were inspired to name the products 24 Mantra. Delving into the ancient Upanishads of India and sourcing from the Rig Veda they drew upon the primary elements of nature. Tvam Bhumir Apo Analo Anilo Nabha- You alone are Earth, Water, Fire, Air and Ether is the blend of all basic elements that compose wholesome food. And what better way to wholesome food than organic food. Small yet sure steps led to the discovery of stark realities. The fledgling team were confronted with the economics of scale, several naysayers and a nascent market. The going thus had its share of challenges. Right from day one, the focus was to create a wide range of products, because the belief was, if consumers wanted to switch over to organic, the offering had to be total. Product range and product mix issues were followed by the attention on making the products consistently available and the well argued convincing of potential customers, that organic foods are higher priced because of various investments in organic methods. Workshops, early evangelism and contract farming gave way to a much more organized approach to farming with all the methods and processes in place. Availability and distribution issues were addressed and concurrently, all the touch points which continuously build trust and credibility were addressed. For some time now, we at Sresta have mastered the art of paying attention to detail - from the seed to kitchen.
Today, we have our 24 Mantra organic food brand available across India and abroad in 1500+ outlets and our own stores. Under our sustainable farming initiative, we have 20,000 farmers working in 30 plus projects over an area of 1,00,000 acres. For every 100 farmers we have a Sresta Associate, partnering in the farmers progress and knowledge enhancement. Sresta and the farmer, our story continues to evolve into the mutual strengthening of culture, traditional methods and more.
A decade later, our Founder Raj Seelam and Sresta Foods with 24 Mantra in their tow continue to grow, spreading the passion and joy of living an organic life. In India, and with measured steps into the world outside of it.
- Be the first to review this product