ORGANIC Chick Pea Deshi - Small
|Item Code||Brand||Pack Size||Specialty|
|4817||24 Mantra Organic||500gm (24 Mantra Organic)||Organic|
Organic Chick Pea Deshi (Small)
Chick Pea Deshi Small is low in fat and most of this is polyunsaturated with high fiber content.
Know This Product
- Chick Pea deshi small is an edible legume of the family Fabaceae. Deshi Chickpeas are high in proteins. They are small, darker seeds and with rough coat cultivated mostly in the Indian subcontinent.
- Organic Deshi Chana is an important source of nourishment for the consumers and is cooked very frequently in every home. The present day agriculture produce is full of Chemicals and Pesticides, adversely affecting the health of the consumers. Morarka along with the two varieties has also revived the third variety which is very small in size, grown in Maharashtra. Morarka Organic has introduced 100 % CERTIFIED Organic Deshi Chana cultivated in traditional Chana growing areas of Rajasthan and Maharashtra. It is not only free from chemicals and pesticides, but is also very tasty and good for health.
- They have markedly high fiber content and hence a very low Glycemic Index which may make them suitable for people with blood sugar.
- Deshi chana are soaked in cold water overnight or in warm water (60-70º C) for 4-5 hours prior to cooking. They absorb enough water and can be cooked easily in about 30-40 minutes. They are low in phytic acid, pectin, calcium and magnesium content so they can be cooked readily.
Ingredient: Chick Pea Desi.
Quality and Certifications
- Organic Certification: OneCert Asia Agri Certification (P) Ltd.
- As per NOP (USDA), NPOP (Govt. of India) and EU Standards for Organic Production.
|S. No.||Quality Parameters||Targeted Standard Values|
|1.||Defined and tested through physical verification|
|1.1||Color of the product||Characteristic||Normal known and accepted color|
|1.2||Size determined through Sieve Analysis : +5.0mm||95%||95% grains are of +5.0mm size|
|1.3||Foreign matter as determined in percentage||0.1%||Presence of organic or inorganic matter other than food like husk, weed, sand, chaff|
|1.4||100 seed weight as minimum in percentage||10.0%||Indicates well matured seeds|
|1.5||Insect damaged and infested product in percentage||0.5%||Kernels that are partially or wholly bored by insects|
|1.6||Physical damaged and discolored in percentage||1.0%||Visibly affected by insects, diseases|
|1.7||Shrunken and immature grains in percentage||2.0%||Some product either damaged or have different color|
|2||Tested through chemical process verification|
|2.1||Moisture content in the product in percentage||10.0%||Maximum moisture level recommended for safe storage|
|2.2||Uric acid (mg/kg) as maximum||100 mg/kg||Indicates insect activity in flour|
|2.3||Aflatoxin (µg/kg) as maximum||30 µg/kg||Fit for human consumption (presence of mycotoxin)|
|Nutrition Facts per 100 gram(s)*|
|Calories:- 360 kcal||Calories from Fat: 47.7 kcal|
|Total Fat||5.30 gram(s)|
|Total Carbohydrates||60.90 gram(s)|
|Dietary Fiber||3.90 gram(s)|
|*(approx value) |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
About 24 Mantra Organic:
Step back to 1992, a time when our founder, Raj Seelam was working in an agricultural products company. While observing the profuse use of pesticides and fertilizers, he felt that this was not the reality he would like to be part of. On one hand was the alarming use and spread of chemical usage on farms, while on the other was rural indebtedness because of the high investments farmers were making in fertilizers and pesticides, leading to farmer suicides. This triggered in him a new thought process.
Can I make a difference? Can I grow food which is free of chemicals and pesticides?
And so Raj Seelam, hailing from an agricultural and farming family set about asking the relevant questions related to soil, cultivation, farming practices, storage and processing. Alongside him were a group of inspired colleagues who lent the Sresta Foods journey passion and commitment. Together, they were inspired to name the products 24 Mantra. Delving into the ancient Upanishads of India and sourcing from the Rig Veda they drew upon the primary elements of nature. Tvam Bhumir Apo Analo Anilo Nabha- You alone are Earth, Water, Fire, Air and Ether is the blend of all basic elements that compose wholesome food. And what better way to wholesome food than organic food. Small yet sure steps led to the discovery of stark realities. The fledgling team were confronted with the economics of scale, several naysayers and a nascent market. The going thus had its share of challenges. Right from day one, the focus was to create a wide range of products, because the belief was, if consumers wanted to switch over to organic, the offering had to be total. Product range and product mix issues were followed by the attention on making the products consistently available and the well argued convincing of potential customers, that organic foods are higher priced because of various investments in organic methods. Workshops, early evangelism and contract farming gave way to a much more organized approach to farming with all the methods and processes in place. Availability and distribution issues were addressed and concurrently, all the touch points which continuously build trust and credibility were addressed. For some time now, we at Sresta have mastered the art of paying attention to detail - from the seed to kitchen.
Today, we have our 24 Mantra organic food brand available across India and abroad in 1500+ outlets and our own stores. Under our sustainable farming initiative, we have 20,000 farmers working in 30 plus projects over an area of 1,00,000 acres. For every 100 farmers we have a Sresta Associate, partnering in the farmers progress and knowledge enhancement. Sresta and the farmer, our story continues to evolve into the mutual strengthening of culture, traditional methods and more.
A decade later, our Founder Raj Seelam and Sresta Foods with 24 Mantra in their tow continue to grow, spreading the passion and joy of living an organic life. In India, and with measured steps into the world outside of it.
- Be the first to review this product