ORGANIC Chana Dal
|Item Code||Brand||Pack Size||Specialty|
|4816||24 Mantra Organic||500gm (24 Mantra Organic)||Organic|
Organic Chana Dal
With the sweet and nutty flavor Chana Dal has very low Glycemic index
Know This Product
- Chana dal is also known as Bengal gram. This is the most popular legume in India. Chana dal was widely used by ancient people of the Mediterranean region including the Greeks and Romans. It was likely originated in Turkey or Afghanistan and later spread to other regions of the world. The beans have mild flavor and can be spiced to taste in a variety of ways. Without skin and split, chana is known as split chana dal. Chana dal is delicious, nutritious and can be easily digested.
- The present day agriculture produce is full of Chemicals and Pesticides, adversely affecting the health of the consumers. Morarka Organic has introduced 100 % CERTIFIED Organic Deshi Chana cultivated in traditional Chana growing areas of Rajasthan and Maharashtra. It is not only free from chemicals and pesticides, but is also very tasty and good for health. Our motto is 'eat healthy, stay healthy'. It is very good for diabetic people as it has incredibly low Glycemic Index (Glycemic index measures the effect of food on blood sugar level). Chana dal is often stewed with vegetables, especially bitter gourds and squashes. With its sweet and nutty flavor it is regarded as the most popular dal in India.
- Culinary uses: - It is frequently used in Indian cooking as a thickener. Combined with white Basmati rice and Naan bread it provides the essential amino acids for complete protein. It is best to soak chana dal for at least 30 minutes and then boil them for approximately 40 minutes.
Ingredient: Chana Dal.
Quality and Certifications
- Organic Certification: OneCert Asia Agri Certification (P) Ltd.
- As per NOP (USDA), NPOP (Govt. of India) and EU Standards for Organic Production.
|S. No.||Quality Parameters||Targeted Standard Values|
|1.||Defined and tested through physical verification|
|1.1||Color of the product||Characteristic||Normal known and accepted color|
|1.2||Size determined through Sieve Analysis : +5.0 mm||90%||90% grains are of +5.0mm size.|
|1.3||Extraneous matter as determined in percentage||0.1%||Foreign matter other than grain|
|1.4||Broken product as maximum in percentage||2.0%||Grains damage during processing and handling|
|1.5||Insect damaged and infested product in percentage||0.5%||Kernels that are partially or wholly bored by insects|
|1.6||Physical damaged and discolored in percentage||0.5%||Visibly affected by insects, diseases|
|2||Tested through chemical process verification|
|2.1||Moisture content in the product in percentage||10.0%||Maximum moisture level recommended for safe storage|
|2.2||Uric acid (mg/kg) as maximum||100 mg/kg||Indicates insect activity in flour|
|2.3||Aflatoxin (µg/kg) as maximum||30 µg/kg||Fit for human consumption (presence of mycotoxin)|
|Nutrition Facts per 100 gram(s)*|
|Calories:- 372 kcal||Calories from Fat: 50.4 kcal|
|Total Fat||5.60 gram(s)|
|Total Carbohydrates||59.80 gram(s)|
|Dietary Fiber||1.20 gram(s)|
|*(approx value) |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
About 24 Mantra Organic:
Step back to 1992, a time when our founder, Raj Seelam was working in an agricultural products company. While observing the profuse use of pesticides and fertilizers, he felt that this was not the reality he would like to be part of. On one hand was the alarming use and spread of chemical usage on farms, while on the other was rural indebtedness because of the high investments farmers were making in fertilizers and pesticides, leading to farmer suicides. This triggered in him a new thought process.
Can I make a difference? Can I grow food which is free of chemicals and pesticides?
And so Raj Seelam, hailing from an agricultural and farming family set about asking the relevant questions related to soil, cultivation, farming practices, storage and processing. Alongside him were a group of inspired colleagues who lent the Sresta Foods journey passion and commitment. Together, they were inspired to name the products 24 Mantra. Delving into the ancient Upanishads of India and sourcing from the Rig Veda they drew upon the primary elements of nature. Tvam Bhumir Apo Analo Anilo Nabha- You alone are Earth, Water, Fire, Air and Ether is the blend of all basic elements that compose wholesome food. And what better way to wholesome food than organic food. Small yet sure steps led to the discovery of stark realities. The fledgling team were confronted with the economics of scale, several naysayers and a nascent market. The going thus had its share of challenges. Right from day one, the focus was to create a wide range of products, because the belief was, if consumers wanted to switch over to organic, the offering had to be total. Product range and product mix issues were followed by the attention on making the products consistently available and the well argued convincing of potential customers, that organic foods are higher priced because of various investments in organic methods. Workshops, early evangelism and contract farming gave way to a much more organized approach to farming with all the methods and processes in place. Availability and distribution issues were addressed and concurrently, all the touch points which continuously build trust and credibility were addressed. For some time now, we at Sresta have mastered the art of paying attention to detail - from the seed to kitchen.
Today, we have our 24 Mantra organic food brand available across India and abroad in 1500+ outlets and our own stores. Under our sustainable farming initiative, we have 20,000 farmers working in 30 plus projects over an area of 1,00,000 acres. For every 100 farmers we have a Sresta Associate, partnering in the farmers progress and knowledge enhancement. Sresta and the farmer, our story continues to evolve into the mutual strengthening of culture, traditional methods and more.
A decade later, our Founder Raj Seelam and Sresta Foods with 24 Mantra in their tow continue to grow, spreading the passion and joy of living an organic life. In India, and with measured steps into the world outside of it.
- Be the first to review this product