Coriander Whole - USDA Certified Organic
|Item Code||Brand||Pack Size||Specialty|
|4856||24 Mantra Organic||100 gm (24 Mantra Organic)||Organic|
Organic Coriander Whole
Aromatic, digestive, anti-bacterial and lowers cholesterol. Rich in aroma and very effective in reducing the cholesterol level in the blood. Enhances digestion.
Know This Product
- In the Bible, coriander is compared with Manna. The Chinese associated it with immortality, valued it for its medicinal and reputed aphrodisiacal quality as well as due to its distinct flavor it has been used in Chinese cooking for hundreds of years. Coriander has been used as folk medicine for the relief of anxiety and insomnia. Coriander is used in traditional Indian medicine as diuretic by boiling equal amount of coriander seed and cumin seed. This is a major spice, both produced and consumed in very large quantities. It is used as carminative and as digestive aid. The aromatic odor and taste of coriander seed is due to an essential oil. Coriander seeds are chewed to correct foul breaths. An infusion of the seeds in combination with cardamom and caraway seeds is useful in flatulence, indigestion, vomiting and intestinal disorders.
- In Rajasthan, south east districts are traditionally known for this spice and are harvested in March- April. Coriander quality is evaluated for its color, size, aroma, number of broken seeds, and after taste. Mostly it is yellow green in color but in some regions brown coriander is also cultivated. With the support from Government, Morarka has now been able to create a very large base for organic production of this spice, with the result it is already recognized as the single largest producer of this spice in India, and sell it as whole, split and powder.
Ingredient: Coriander Whole.
Quality and Certifications
- Organic Certification: OneCert Asia Agri Certification (P) Ltd.
- As per NOP (USDA), NPOP (Govt. of India) and EU Standards for Organic Production.
|S. No.||Quality Parameters||Targeted Standard Values|
|1.||Defined and tested through sensory verification|
|1.1||Color of the product||Light Green||Normal known and accepted color|
|1.2||Size determined through Sieve Analysis : +2.0 mm||95%||95% grains are of 2.0mm size.|
|1.3||Organic extraneous matter as determined in percentage||0.1-1.0%||Presence of other plant materials other than the product like husk, chaff, straw, weed|
|1.4||Inorganic extraneous matter as maximum in percentage||NIL-0.1%||Presence of sand, gravel, dirt, pebbles, stone|
|1.5||Shrunken and immature grains in percentage||1.0-1.5%||That are not properly developed|
|1.6||Other crop seed in percentage||NIL-0.1%||Other edible food crop seeds from the same farm|
|1.7||Insect damaged and infested product in percentage||0.1-0.5%||Grains damaged by insects during cultivation and harvesting|
|1.8||Physical damaged and discolored in percentage||1.0-1.5%||Some product either damaged or Change in color as result of deteriorative changes|
|1.9||Split Fruits||1.0-1.5%||Broken seeds of the same crop|
|2||Tested through chemical process verification|
|2.1||Moisture content in the product in percentage||10.0%||Maximum moisture level recommended for safe storage|
|2.2||Total ash as maximum in percentage||6.0%||Mineral content|
|2.3||Total acid insoluble ash as maximum in percentage||1.0%||Presence of siliceous matter like sand ,dirt,dust.|
About 24 Mantra Organic:
Step back to 1992, a time when our founder, Raj Seelam was working in an agricultural products company. While observing the profuse use of pesticides and fertilizers, he felt that this was not the reality he would like to be part of. On one hand was the alarming use and spread of chemical usage on farms, while on the other was rural indebtedness because of the high investments farmers were making in fertilizers and pesticides, leading to farmer suicides. This triggered in him a new thought process.
Can I make a difference? Can I grow food which is free of chemicals and pesticides?
And so Raj Seelam, hailing from an agricultural and farming family set about asking the relevant questions related to soil, cultivation, farming practices, storage and processing. Alongside him were a group of inspired colleagues who lent the Sresta Foods journey passion and commitment. Together, they were inspired to name the products 24 Mantra. Delving into the ancient Upanishads of India and sourcing from the Rig Veda they drew upon the primary elements of nature. Tvam Bhumir Apo Analo Anilo Nabha- You alone are Earth, Water, Fire, Air and Ether is the blend of all basic elements that compose wholesome food. And what better way to wholesome food than organic food. Small yet sure steps led to the discovery of stark realities. The fledgling team were confronted with the economics of scale, several naysayers and a nascent market. The going thus had its share of challenges. Right from day one, the focus was to create a wide range of products, because the belief was, if consumers wanted to switch over to organic, the offering had to be total. Product range and product mix issues were followed by the attention on making the products consistently available and the well argued convincing of potential customers, that organic foods are higher priced because of various investments in organic methods. Workshops, early evangelism and contract farming gave way to a much more organized approach to farming with all the methods and processes in place. Availability and distribution issues were addressed and concurrently, all the touch points which continuously build trust and credibility were addressed. For some time now, we at Sresta have mastered the art of paying attention to detail - from the seed to kitchen.
Today, we have our 24 Mantra organic food brand available across India and abroad in 1500+ outlets and our own stores. Under our sustainable farming initiative, we have 20,000 farmers working in 30 plus projects over an area of 1,00,000 acres. For every 100 farmers we have a Sresta Associate, partnering in the farmers progress and knowledge enhancement. Sresta and the farmer, our story continues to evolve into the mutual strengthening of culture, traditional methods and more.
A decade later, our Founder Raj Seelam and Sresta Foods with 24 Mantra in their tow continue to grow, spreading the passion and joy of living an organic life. In India, and with measured steps into the world outside of it.
- Be the first to review this product