|Item Code||Brand||Pack Size||Specialty|
|2445||Baidyanath||60 Vegetarian Capsules||Vegatarian|
Turmeric is an excellent natural antibiotic, while at the same time it strengthens digestion and helps improve intestinal flora. As such it is a good antibacterial for those chronically weak or ill. It not only purifies the blood, but also warms it and stimulates formation of new blood tissue. Turmeric gives the energy of the Divine Mother and grants prosperity. It is effective for cleansing the chakras (nadi-shodhana), purifying the channels of the subtle body. It helps stretch the ligaments and is, therefore, good for the practice of hatha yoga.
Turmeric promotes proper metabolism in the body, correcting both excesses and deficiencies. It aids in the digestion of protein. Externally, it can be used with honey for sprains, strains, bruise or itch. It is tonic to the skin, for which purposes it can be taken internally as a milk decoction.
- Turmeric is a potent antioxidant and has a anti inflamatory effects.
- Curcuminoids present in Turmeric benefit joints and other tissues by helping to neutralize free radicals.
- Turmeric has been a traditional household item for centuries and is often used in conjunction with Neem as a purifying herb that promotes healthy skin through systemic blood purification.
- Turmeric has antioxidant properties and contains constituents topoisomerase, flavonid, bioperene, sugar, protein and resins.
- Turmeric is believed to be beneficial in reducing damage to heart tissue from lack of oxygen or blood flow.
Botanical Name: Curcuma longa
Sanskrit Name: Haridra
Chinese Name: Jiang huang
Plant Part Used: Rhizome
Ayurvedic Energetics: Bitter, Astringent, Pungent/heating
For more than 5,000 years, Turmeric has been one of the most important herbs used for overall dietary and health concerns. Cherished for its medicinal properties and warm, spicy flavor, this yellow-orange herb has recently become known in western households for its beneficial dietary and health attributes. Turmeric has a broad spectrum of actions, mild but certain effects, and is beneficial for long term and daily usage. Though it is a common spice, few people, including herbalists know of its great value and are using it to the extent possible. It is an herb that one should get to know and live with.
Turmeric is an Ayurvedic herb that has been traditionally used to support the body's natural inflammation response, tissue repair, liver, skin and immune support, as an antibiotic, digestive aid, and as an antioxidant. Curcuminoids, one component of Turmeric, are powerful antioxidants as well as lipid peroxide (cholesterol causing agent) inhibitors. Turmeric has been shown to have DNA protectant properties and anti-mutagenic properties.
This herb is both an adaptogen and a bio-protectant. It seems its primary role is to protect many systems of the body from the degenerative effects of stress and by doing so eliciting a powerful healing and preventive effect.
The Benefits of Turmeric:
- Strengthens and Improves Digestion
- Reduces gas and bloating.
- Assists in the digestion of protein and with rice and bean dishes.
- Improves the body'S ability to digest fats.
- Promotes proper metabolism, correcting both excesses and deficiencies.
- Maintains and improves intestinal flora.
- Improves elimination of wastes and toxins.
- Supports Healthy Liver Function and Detox
- Turmeric helps increase bile flow making it a liver cleanser that can rejuvenate the liver cells. and recharge their capability to break down toxins.
- Helps to prevent alcohol and other toxins from being converted into compounds that may be harmful to the liver.
- Supports formation of healthy tissue.
- Purifies the Blood
- Stimulates formation of new blood tissue.
- Helps to reduce irritation to tissues. characterized by pain, redness, swelling and heat.
- Contains Curcuminoids
- Potent phytonutrients (plant based nutrients.)
- Powerful antioxidant properties.
- Counteracts the damaging effects of free radicals in the body.
- Helps with healthy inflammation response for joints and mobility.
Pack Size: 500mg - 60 Vegetarian Capsules
Suggested Usage: 1-2 caps twice daily with milk
- Haldi (Turmeric Root)
One of India'S most respected Companies, Shree Baidyanath Ayurved Bhawan (p) Ltd. (Kolkata), popularly known as Baidyanath, is the acknowledged leader of Ayurvedic know-how. Established in 1917, the Company has played a pioneering role in re-establishing ancient knowledge with modern research and manufacturing techniques.
AYURVEDA is a 5000 year old Science of health care and herbal treatment. AYURVEDA, is highly effective in common and complicated ailments, assures long term relief and has no side effects. AYURVEDA is now backed by modern scientific research and technologies and provides its gentle healing touch to millions around the world.
- Be the first to review this product
WRITE YOUR REVIEW
Write Your Own Review
Alternative & Synergistic Products
Brand: BaidyanathBaidyanath AmritarishtaPack Size: 450 mlItem #: 3611Value Price :$16.49List Price: $20.12Your Save: 22%
Brand: BaidyanathBaidyanath Mahamanjishthadiyarista KadhaPack Size: 450 mlItem #: 3621Value Price :$14.99List Price: $18.29Your Save: 22%
Brand: DivyaDivya Nimb Ghan Vati Neem Extract TabletsPack Size: 80 Tablets (40g)Item #: 4800Value Price :$7.49List Price: $9.14Your Save: 22%
Brand: Gopala AyurvedaGopala Ayurveda Organic Manjistha Powder - Rubia cordifoliaPack Size: 100gmItem #: 3155Value Price :$7.49List Price: $9.14Your Save: 22%
Brand: Kerala AyurvedaKhadirarishta (Kerala Ayurveda)Pack Size: 450mlItem #: 2664Value Price :$16.49List Price: $19.40Your Save: 22%
Brand: Gopala AyurvedaManjishtha Capsules (Certified Organic)Pack Size: 108 Vegetarian CapsulesItem #: 2789Value Price :$11.99List Price: $14.63Your Save: 22%
Brand: BaidyanathNeem Churna PowderPack Size: 100 gmItem #: 1663Value Price :$5.99List Price: $7.31Your Save: 22%
Brand: Gopala AyurvedaNeem Powder - Certified Organic Ayurvedic HerbPack Size: 100gmItem #: 2803Value Price :$6.49List Price: $7.92Your Save: 22%
Brand: NidcoNidco Senna Leaves Powder (Cassia Angustifolia) - 500gmPack Size: 500gmItem #: 10345Value Price :$19.99List Price: $23.99Your Save: 20%
Brand: NidcoNidco Senna Leaves Powder (Cassia Angustifolia) - 50gmPack Size: 50gmItem #: 10344Value Price :$4.99List Price: $5.99Your Save: 20%
Brand: Gopala AyurvedaOrganic Neem CapsulesPack Size: 108 Vegetarian CapsulesItem #: 2788Value Price :$11.99List Price: $14.63Your Save: 22%
Brand: Organic IndiaOrganic Neem Capsules (Herbal Antibiotic)Pack Size: 60 Vegetarian CapsulesItem #: 1693Value Price :$8.99List Price: $10.97Your Save: 22%
Brand: Gopala AyurvedaOrganic Turmeric Powder (Ayurvedic Purifying Herb)Pack Size: 250gmItem #: 1788Value Price :$10.49List Price: $12.80Your Save: 22%
Brand: Sri Sri AyurvedaSri Sri Ayurveda Raktashodhini Vati - Blood PurifierPack Size: 60 TabletsItem #: 10367Value Price :$7.99List Price: $9.99Your Save: 20%
Brand: Gopala AyurvedaTurmeric Powder - Certified Organic Ayurvedic HerbPack Size: 100gmItem #: 2802Value Price :$5.49List Price: $6.70Your Save: 22%
Brand: Gopala AyurvedaVidanga Capsules (Embelia Ribes)Pack Size: 108 Vegetarian CapsulesItem #: 8983Value Price :$11.99List Price: $14.63Your Save: 22%