Mahamasha Thailam (Arya Vaidya Pharmacy)
|Item Code||Brand||Pack Size||Specialty|
|8594||Arya Vaidya Pharmacy||5 LITRE||100% Natural|
Mahamasha thailam is one of the powerful Ayurveda oil, widely used for many neurological conditions. Masha means black gram, which is the main ingredient of this oil. It is used both for external and internal administration. It contains a non veg ingredient.
Mahamasha thailam benefits:
- It is used in Ayurvedic treatment of Paralysis, Palsy,
- It is used to treat deafness, tinnitus. For this, it is either used to instill a few drops directly into ear or by internal administration.
- It helps to relieve stiffness and pain in locked jaw.
- It relieves headache, eye diseases.
- It is helpful to relieve pain of multiple joint aches and pains pertaining to hands, legs, head, neck.
- It is used in lumbar and cervical spondylosis treatment.
- It is also used to relieve pain due to blunt injuries, and in treatment of rheumatoid and osteo arthritis.
- It is used in Duchenne's Muscular Dystrophy, and such other neurological problems.
- It is used to relieve headache and migraine.
- It is one of the best massage oils to relieve tiredness and for elderly people.
- For oral administration the usual dosage is - 5 - 10 drops once or two times a day before food with hot water or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- Externally it is used in all types of oil treatments like Massage, Dhara treatment, Shirovasti etc.
Mahamasha tailam side effects: There are no known side effects with this oil. People with diabetes, hypercholestrolemia and high BP should exercise precaution while taking orally.
Mahamasha thailam Ingredients:
- Masha (black gram) - Phasleolus Mungo - 1.536 kg
- Dashamoola - group of ten herbs - together - 2.4 kg. They are -
- Bilva - Aegle marmelos
- Agnimantha - Premna mucronata
- Shyonaka - Oroxylum indicum
- Gambhari - Gmelina arborea
- Patala - Stereospermum suaveolens
- Shalaparni - Desmodium gangeticum
- Prinshnaparni - Urarica picta
- Gokshura - Tribulus terrestris
- Brihati - Solanum indicum
- Kantakari - Solanum xanthocarpum
- Chaga mamsa - goat meat - 1.44 kg
- water - 12.288 liters
- The above mixture is boiled together and reduced to 3.072 liters. Some companies boil goat meat and rest herbal mixture separately and then add both together.
- This kashayam is added with
- Tila taila - oil of Sesamum indicum - 768 ml
- Cow milk - 3.072 liters
- Paste made with 12 grams of each of fine powders of following herbs -
- Atmagupta - Mucuna pruriens
- Urubaka - Castor root - Ricinus communis
- Shatahva - Anethum sowa
- Lavana Traya - group of three salts - Rock salt, sochal salt, common salt.
- Jeevaneeya group of herbs
- Manjishta - Rubia cordifolia
- Chavya - Piper chaba
- Chitraka - Plumbago zeylanica
- Katphala - Myrica nagi
- Vyosha - Trikatu - Pepper, long pepper and ginger
- Rasna - Pluchea lanceolata
- Madhuka - Licorice - GLycyrrhiza glabra
- Saindhava - rock salt
- Devadaru - Cedrus deodara
- Amruta - Tinospora cordifolia
- Kushta - Saussurea lappa
- Vajigandha - Ashwagandha - Withania somnifera
- Vacha - Acorus calamus
- Shati - Hedychium spicatum
About Arya Vaidya Pharmacy:
The Arya Vaidya Pharmacy, was established on 12th July 1943, and had its humble beginning in a small rented building on Trichy Road, Coimbatore. On 1st April 1948 The Arya Vaidya Pharmacy (Coimbatore) was registered as a Public Limited Company. Over the years, it has grown into a large enterprise in the field of Ayurveda offering services in the fields of Education, Research, Pharmacy and Clinical Practice. AVP manufactures around 400 therapeutic formulations in the two GMP certified production facilities in Kerala. It is the first Ayurveda company in South India to gain Government‚ GMP certification for production standards under the WHO guidelines for Ayurveda.
AVP has 50 branches, with the full-time consultancy service of ayurveda physicians, some also having therapeutic treatment facilities under trained Ayurveda therapists. AVP‚ Marketing and Services department takes care of the nationwide distribution of Ayurveda medicines through CandF agents and over 1000 agencies.
The AVP Group has been spearheading important research activities in the field of Ayurveda. The first ever WHO sponsored clinical trial to evaluate the efficacy of Ayurveda in management of Rheumatoid Arthritis was conducted at the Ayurvedic Trust Hospital in the 1970s in collaboration with the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR). More recently, the Ayurvedic Trust was involved in a National Institutes of Health (NIH), USA sponsored study to scientifically evaluate Ayurveda in collaboration with the University of Los Angeles, California and University of Washington, Seattle.
The Ayurvedic Trust, the charitable wing of the AVP Group has now received the Center of Excellence grant from the Department of AYUSH, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India as a Clinical Research Hospital specializing in Rheumatology.
- Be the first to review this product